What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a newly found illness that can affect your lungs and airways and in some cases be fatal. It’s cause is a virus called coronavirus. It has recently surfaced in the United States, where precautions are being taken in order to decrease the spread of the virus.
How is COVID-19 affecting Air Pet Transport?
The recent outbreak in our country of the coronavirus has halted many Pet Transportation options. Many airlines have suspended pet flights until further noticed as advised by the government in order to limit the spread of the disease. However, there are some airlines who have only put restrictions on their Live animal transportation flights. Below lists the major domestic airlines and their current Pet Transport Accommodations;
- United Airlines: “We’re suspending all PetSafe and military pet transportation until further notice”
- American Airlines: “Effective Wednesday, March 25, we are implementing the following changes for Live Animal shipments scheduled on or after the effective date: 1. Live Animal shipments will be restricted to domestic travel within and between the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands 2. One flight segment per Live Animal booking will be allowed (no connecting flights)” (Price changes may also be implemented)
- Delta Cargo– “Delta Cargo is suspending all service level guarantees” (this includes pet cargo)
Due to COVID-19, Air Pet Transport is very limited during the current situations. However, Animal Transportation Worldwide is able to ground transport your pet. Our Transportation Specialists are taking extra precautions in order to continue to transport pets quickly and safely.
- Sanitizing all handles, crates, and items that are touched by our drivers and customers. (including gas pumps)
- Not sharing items such as pens, and other objects that may carry bacteria.
- Keeping our distance during pickups and drop off, in the request of our President, in order to follow social distancing.
- Our employees are wearing masks during pickup and drop off to ensure extra safety at all times
We are following these guidelines while continuing exceptional care for pets during transport. To book ground- door to door transport with Animal Transportation Worldwide, you can message us, call the office, or submit an inquiry on our website.