COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways and in some cases be fatal. Due to the spread in the United States, precautions must be taken.
How is COVID-19 affecting Air Pet Transport?
The recent outbreak of the coronavirus has halted many Pet Transportation options. Many airlines have suspended pet flights until further noticed as advised by the CDC to slow the spread. However, there are some airlines who have only put restrictions on their live animal transportation flights, including the following:
- United Airlines: “We’re suspending all PetSafe and military pet transportation until further notice”
- American Airlines: “Effective Wednesday, March 25, we are implementing the following changes for Live Animal shipments scheduled on or after the effective date: 1. Live Animal shipments will be restricted to domestic travel within and between the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands 2. One flight segment per Live Animal booking will be allowed (no connecting flights)” (Price changes may also be implemented)
- Delta Cargo– “Delta Cargo is suspending all service level guarantees” (this includes pet cargo)
What sanitation procedures is ATW taking?
Due to COVID-19, we are experiencing limited Air Pet Transport. However, Animal Transportation Worldwide is still able to utilize Ground Services to transport your pet. Our Transportation Specialists are taking extra precautions in order to protect themselves while continuing to transport pets quickly and safely. ATW Transport Specialists are:
- Sanitizing all handles, crates, and items touched by our drivers and customers. (including gas pumps)
- Not sharing items such as pens, and other objects that may carry bacteria.
- Keeping our distance during pickups and drop off, in the request of our President, in order to follow social distancing.
- Wearing masks during pickup and drop off to ensure extra safety at all times
We are following these guidelines while continuing exceptional care for pets during transport. To book ground- door to door transport with Animal Transportation Worldwide, you can message us, call the office, or submit an inquiry on our website.